Privacy and Cookies Policy
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, we, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council are the Data Controller and Processor for https://www.twbc-dev.local (The Site).
The Data Protection 2018 Act introduced the following principles to UK law:
- Lawful, fair and transparent processing of data
- The purpose for which personal data is collected must be specified, explicit and legitimate, and the data must be processed in a manner that remains compatible with the initial purpose for which it is collected
- Data is not excessive and remains adequate and relevant data to the purpose
- Accuracy of data is maintained
- Data is stored for no longer than necessary
- Appropriate measures are taken to ensure data is processed in a secure manner
If you submit your details and/or e-mail address from any page within the website, the details entered are recorded and stored in order to process your data request. Any data collection is used for the purposes explicitly outlined and never disclosed to third parties.
Personal Visitor Information
Please use the below links to navigate to the following sections within this page:
In order to ensure the information on this website is accessible and easy to use, small amounts of information are collected during your computer or mobile session, via cookies placed on the site. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
By using the Cookie Preference Centre presented when first entering The Site, users have the option of selecting ‘Strictly Necessary Cookies’ or ‘Advanced Cookies’. Please read below for further definitions of these terms.
Strictly Necessary Cookies; Essential cookies that remember your preferences, which always need to remain ‘on’.
Advanced Cookies; Measure website metrics and your performance experience using Google Analytics.
Website Metrics (Google Analytics)
This website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to ensure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how it can be improved.
If browsing The Site, Google Analytics will collect generic information about your session to distinguish you as a unique user and to help continually improve performance e.g. your Operating System, Browser, General Demographics and Behaviour. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_ga_<container-id>||2 years||Used to persist session state.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_<property-id>||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.|
If you would not like to be tracked during your visit you can install a Do Not Track Plugin for Google Chrome or enable the Do Not Track feature in Firefox.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
Disclosure of your Information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who act as Service providers and assist us in operating our website and inventory management system, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and secure.
- Non-personally identifiable (anonymised) visitor information may also be used for internal analysis or provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this web site, therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure and to try to prevent any unauthorised access to it. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- If at any point you suspect or become aware of a breach in security or receive suspicious communications from someone claiming to be from Pollution Patrol, please let us know immediately via (Email TBC).